Happy New Year!
The first day of Baleen is almost complete! There are still some kinks that need to be worked out, but the first day should at least be playable some time soon. As things stand right now in my head the events of the game should transpire through about three days? But the third day is probably going to be the shortest.
While the finished version of the alpha will only have the ending where Kaleb finds the wrong culprit, and technically it's only a kinetic novel since there's only one ending I'd like to add a lot more depth in the future. Some room for error, the actual opportunity to properly investigate, etc, etc. I've never actually written a mystery before, and I want to make it a lot less handhold-y eventually. But for now I kind of want to just get the hang of non-linear storytelling.
- A few new conversations have been added!
- Notifications for conversations that aren't required will now disappear after a while.
- Kaleb's playlist now works! It only has six songs right now, but you can expect the playlist to build over time. You have to press play again after pressing skip in order to listen to the next track.
- Kaleb now has an icon! Look at his ugly mug!
- Baleen now has an icon!
- Some photos have been added!
- The main menu looks nice now!
What to expect from Build 0.2
- New characters! Dion, Marie, Tessa, and Bast will come online! In order to save space, some users won't be available to chat on day 2.
- Maybe some more secret conversations to get to in day 1. Perhaps.
- Mmmore photos!
- A peek at a new mechanic? Not a lot to it, but hey I'd like to flex my coding muscles and figure out Python a bit better.
- A proper save/load screen!
If you have any critique on the story so far or bugs to report, just speak up! Thanks, and here's to 2018 hopefully being less of a dumpster fire than 2017!
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.