Finally, we can all talk!
I actually didn't really work on Baleen that much this month I'm sorry to say! I got a new job and classes started back up, so I don't have as much time as I used to. Plus, I'm working harder to reach out to more people about a much bigger scale visual novel I'll have a demo for in the near future.
But, I did manage to squash some pretty big bugs at least, so that's good!
I'm also trying to play with a way to make it easier for people to determine who's who without completely overhauling the UI. Adding profiles seems like a good option, but I'm not really sure how coding it is gonna work out yet. I'm still kind of a monkey when it comes to Python.
- Can now actually talk to everyone. Yes, for real this time.
- Day 1 is technically complete, but only the bare bones. There will probably be more side conversations available in the future.
- A couple of new songs, but they aren't really that great? I might just get rid of them, or at least turn down their volume. I decided to try working with a new program, I'm having a hard time getting used to it.
- There will be a sound that plays some time after the first choice in Day 2. No, it's not a bug. I just haven't made the buttons for some of the new characters yet.
- Alexander Salazar is now Basil Weaver. This is more just a personal gripe. I realized he had waaay too many parallels with one of my other characters so I decided to just bite the bullet and put him in. I'm not sure if I changed his name everywhere, but I tried my best!
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.